Thanks to everyone for their expressions of support and wanting to help the animals of A Place of Peace through these extraordinary times. Here’s an updated list of what the sanctuary needs.
The most important thing for us is ongoing donations. Keeping the animals healthy, fed and paying for vet bills through whatever the future may hold is number one on our priority list, and continuous financial support is the best way to help us do that.
Donations of food and equipment are also important and really do help us. So if you’d like to help us out with any of these, please get in contact so we can work it out.
We currently urgently need old newspapers and wooden pallets.
Sheets of corrugated iron.
We are in need of more shelters for the animals as the weather gets more unpredictable and “unprecedented. We are planning on making pallet shelters for goats and sheep.. but sheds are great too
Four wheel drive ute/feed vehicle. We are still short one.
Our biggest recurring needs are as follows.
Hay and Feed
- Hay. It currently costs us around $700 a day to feed the large animals
- Feed and supplements. Cattle and sheep pellets, Economix, Farm Muesli, molasses and mineral bricks (all non-urea only). Small bales of lucerne (we LOVE those)! Containers of apple cider vinegar and garlic. You can find all these at the feed store. Lucern chaff is allso needed.
- Wildlife food. The wombats love oaten or wheaten hay. The roos love rolled oats, All Purpose or Kangaroo pellets, apples and lsweet potato/. So do the birds!
- The cows also eat bread, veggies and fruit. All kinds. Also seaweed (washed free of salt and sand).
- Horse feed buckets. Always need these!
For the Cats and Dogs
- Vegan kibble for the dogs.
- Cat litter.
- Rolled oats
- Sugar Free Vita brits or sugar-free wheat bix
- Soy and almond milk
- Vegie Delights Nut Meat and Casserole Mince. .
- Young Living Thieves Household Cleaner (great for washing any sheep with fly blow)
- Also from Young Living, Purification, Frankincense and Oregano oils
- Colloidal Silver — tons of this! If anyone makes their own we want to hear from you!
- Cetrigen or Chloromide (the purple spray). It’s anti-bacterial wound spray (from feed stores or horse supply stores)
- Always good to have Vetwrap on hand.
- Syringes, all sizes.
- Needles for syringes, all sizes.
- From McDowells Herbs: Infect-a Clear, Alleviate, SCC Eyewash, Herbal Worming
- From HAMPL: Para-Clear and a homeopathic First Aid Kit (getting low on some things).
Big Picture Things
- More water tanks are a must. We need to disentangle the highly integrated system currently in place.
- A large cat enclosure with a cubby house for the cats to curl up in. Must have snakeproof netting, so that is what we mostly need. And the cubby house!
- A hospital barn (recycled timber and iron).
- A huge small animal hospital and storage type addition to our old cottage where I can put storage— medicinals, bags and buckets of animal feed, supplements etc, plus sick animals, or baby goats/lambs, and store animal towels and blankets (this is my dream).
- We desperately need a 4WD sanctuary ute
- We also need a builder to help keep Owl Cottage going. She is over 130 now and unsteady on her footings — some of which are the original tree stumps from over 100 years ago. She needs some urgent TLC and is home to many who depend on her to keep sheltering them!!
For the Humans (and dogs)
Vegan food for the humans — hint — think easy meals. Nachos, pasta, fruits, veggies, beans, tofu.. whole foods. During the fires we didn’t cook at all. So vegan dips are good. too. The dogs eat all this as well (not the nachos) as I make them up human food, they often eat better than we do !
So much gratitude with whatever you can offer!! Let’s work together to keep this ark afloat. Bless you!